Free OPD on 26 Nov,2022
- Almost one third the population of the world is estimated to encounter piles atleast once in the lifespan between the age of 30- 69.
- A large number of patients mistake al anal and colorectal problems as piles due to lack of awareness.
- A large number of these patients suffer in silence/ avoid permanent treatment/ opt for non-evidence-based medicine.
- Most patients are averse to surgery and surgeons.
- Many patients/ quacks mistake symptoms of rectal cancer as that of piles and patients reach a surgeon too late.
- Quacks promising permanent solutions to piles not only worsen patient condition but also introduce new complications.
- Hence Pioneers’ Circle collectively sees a strong need to address these issues and reach out to the masses worldwide with the right information and education on the occasion of World Piles Day